Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Vidal Sassoon Carnaby Copper Red 4RC

I had the opportunity to try Vidal Sassoon Carnaby Copper Red 4RC for free. It is a lot bolder shade than what I usually use, but I did not have "crazy" colors in the past so I was up for it. Change is good!

The color was easy to mix and did not have strong smell to it - that is always a nice bonus! Gloves provided were good quality and actually fit me better than most! I just hate the gloves with some colors that are basically just piece of plastic.
The mixture looked pretty orange which made me wonder if my hair would turn out to be the color shown on the box or if it would be more orange looking. I followed the directions, and in 30 mins the color was set. It took a while to wash it out but it was not an unreasonable amount of time and water.


My hair is definitely more on the orange-y side rather than dark red pictured on the box, but I actually do like it - copper is kind of orange too so it's not a big deal that my suspicion this would happen came true. It's lighter by the roots than by the ends of my hair but that happens with most colors as I have some greys to cover so again, this was somewhat expected (even though I hoped it would not happen, I won't lie).

Now I am curious if the color will last 48 washes and will submit another review once I know :)
Positives: All in all, I am pretty happy with the color choice I made, it's fun to have hair color that pops a bit more than my usual medium ash brown! Easy to apply, not overly messy, and definitely cheaper than going to a salon!
Negatives:  I wish it was a bit faster for the color to process, 30 mins is a long time, would have also appreciated if it was ammonia free (the box did not say that so I assume it does have ammonia).
Giving 4 out 5 stars - great color but doesn't look like the color on the box plus the other negatives I mentioned. Still a product I would use again and plan on purchasing in the near future.

@vidalsassoon @vidalsassooncanada @bzzagent #gotitfree
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment