Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Canada Post....

So, I have to admit my frustrations with Canada Post continue...

First of all, let me make it clear - the delivery lady for my neighbourhood is absolutely wonderful. I know she is working her butt off.

It's the system that I have a hard time with.
Where I live, Canada Post no longer delivers parcels if they are considered "big". The delivery folks use their own cars and there is only so much to fit in a car. I get that....however Canada Post is still charging the same amount whether the delivery person even attempts to deliver the parcel to you or not....how is that a good business practice? Either make sure that each town/community has an actual Canada Post van/truck to deliver parcels...or make two different prices. One for areas where the delivery in fact happens, and one for areas where it's not possible.

The other part - please please please, all of you hardworking customer service reps with Canada Post....I know it's not right that a lot of people take their anger out on you if there is something wrong with your parcel/letter. BUT....good customer service goes a long way. Our post office had a major delay in sorting through parcels before Christmas. They still left delivery notices indicating one day that the parcel would be ready the following day after 1PM. And a lot of the time, it was not...there was a notice on the counter saying there would be 2+ days delay....Well...if it's not ready as indicated on the card...please say sorry and say in like you mean it. It will shut up at least half of those people who get angry at you. It really leaves a bad taste if you angrily say to someone "it's not ready" and then you move on to the next customer....but if you say "I am really sorry but it's not ready yet" in a way that shows that you care - even if the customer isn't happy, there is a good chance they won't take the anger out on you - they'll just say thanks and walk away instead of ranting about the bad service. I've experienced both this past Christmas - a rep who was genuinely apologetic and a rep who said "not ready" in a way that they could have said "F you" and it would have sounded the same to me.....guess what, the latter made me feel extremely frustrated. The former, on the other hand, left me believing that despite everything that's happening, at least there are people who are proud to provide great customer service. And yes, I made a point of telling this person exactly this! And I would like to believe it helped this person to get through at least some of their day feeling good!

#canadapost #canadapostfrustrations #makeitbetter #Christmas #canadapostsaga

No comments:

Post a Comment