Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Yet another scam....


Ok....so yet another scam got through my cell.

The guy called at around 1:30PM, from this number: 780-532-1131 showing as a Grand Prairie, Alberta number.

This person called my cell and without introducing himself started saying he is calling on behalf of XYZ (mumbled it so I did not understand) but it was about anti-bullying campaign. Proceeded to ask if they can count on my support. I said no not financially and he proceeded to say it doesn't matter how much I give so I said I am not able to give any money...he still wouldn't give up.. I hate to be rude with anyone but hey, being so pushy will make people feel bullied...just sayin'!
So as much as I am not very comfortable doing this, I ended up cutting him off mid sentence saying "sorry I am really not interested have a great day goodbye" all in one breath and hung up on him.

Interestingly enough someone with the same voice called me before Christmas and it was related to firefighting charity....same script. Just different charity.

So I am putting this number on the "automatically reject list" and I am posting my experience on some of the sites that report on this type of stuff.

Interestingly enough someone on one of those sites mentioned they contacted the Police Services as they were told the call is on their behalf, and Police Services confirmed this was scam.

#scam #antibullying #antibullyingscam #donotcall #phonescam #alberta #callfromGrandPrairie


No comments:

Post a Comment